From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Could I have some advice on soc projects?
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:11:51
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I'm a graduate student who is really interested in Gentoo soc and want to
4 join the contest. I hope one day, I could be a real Gentoo developer :-)
5
6 I've been using Linux for years and have Gentoo installed in my own laptop.
7 I'm familiar with C in Unix, Python, Shell and Java.
8
9 I've read the google summer of code 2010 ideas for several times and I find
10 myself interested in two projects.
11
12 One is "*improve NetworkManager integration with gentoo*". I think it's a
13 very very helpful project and my NetworkManager does not work well in
14 Gentoo. I've already have some ideas on how to improve the integration.
15 But there are some difficulties. I see that this project needs GObject C and
16 I haven't used it before. I've only used NetworkManager, but I have no idea
17 on how to write a plugin for it right now. Could I learn the needed
18 knowledge from now and finish the project? Could anyone give me some advice?
19
20 The other is *"g-pypi rewrite"* which I also think is a very very helpful
21 project. Although I'm very familiar with Python, I haven't got very much
22 experience in writing ebuilds. I think I could spend enough time in learning
23 it. Shall I work on this project?
24
25 I'm well prepared for learning and full filled with enthusiasm. I'm not sure
26 whether I can participate in and which project I'm fit for. Could you give
27 me some advice?
28
29 Sorry for my poor English :-(
32 Best wishes,