From: "Amadeusz Żołnowski" <aidecoe@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Dracut port - weekly progress - week 6
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:10:26
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 Most of modules are checked. Some of them needed fixes, some only
4 needed dependency updates in ebuild. Checking involved going through
5 install and check scripts which operate on host system, analyzing if
6 result image looks as expected, running test if available. Sometimes
7 problems are more or less deeply hidden. I had some with networking.
8 Stable and ~arch dhclient gets DHCP info but doesn't assign address to
9 interface (at least under qemu). Moreover Dracut relies on dhcp-4 and
10 invocations are quite hardcoded. To make it work well I had to use
11 hardmasked dhcp-4 package. I also spent quite much time (and wonder if
12 it's not completely wasted time…) debugging fips module. Probably found
13 the reason. Dracut installs binaries with its library dependencies.
14 Needed sha512hmac depends on libnspr4.so.8 (ldd says so), but in fact,
15 as strace says, it searches only for libnspr4.so (on host system
16 there's symlink libnspr4.so → libnspr4.so.8). Dracut relies on ldd
17 output and doesn't create reverse symlinks, so we have to enhance
18 inst_binary function… but anyway it's strange case, especially as it
19 has never occurred before.
20
21 Shortly and clearly, here's what's done for now (more detailed and
22 readable table is on my blog):
23
24 Module Status
25
26 00dash OK
27 01fips SMALL PROBLEMS
28 10redhat-i18n FIXED: 10i18n
29 10i18n NEW
30 10rpmversion OK
31 40network OK
32 45ifcfg OK
33 50plymouth NO TOOLS YET
34 60xen OK
35 90btrfs OK
36 90crypt TO ENHANCE
37 90dm FIXED
38 90dmraid FIXED
39 90dmsquash-live OK
40 90kernel-modules FIXED
41 90lvm OK
42 90mdraid OK
43 90multipath FIXED
44 95rootfs-block OK
45 95terminfo OK
46 95udev-rules OK
47 95uswsusp FIXED
48 98syslog OK
49 99base OK
50
51 There are some modules left and I'm working on them:
52
53 * 95dasd
54 * 95dasd_mod
55 * 95fcoe
56 * 95iscsi
57 * 95resume
58 * 95zfcp
59 * 95znet
60 * 98selinux
61
62 Somehow checked and rather working:
63
64 * 95nfs
65 * 95nbd
66 * 95debug
67
68 Moreover I've updated Ramereth's Dracut ebuild to release 006 and he's
69 going to put it into portage tree today. There's also ebuild using my
70 git repo in my git repo at branch gentoo in gentoo directory. :-)
71
72 References:
73
74 * some activity at LKML: