From: Constanze Hausner <ch@×××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Progress Report #2 for POSIX-Capabilities Project
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 18:23:13
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 here is my second progress report.
4 This week I had a lot of university-stuff to do, so my progress report
5 is a little short.
6
7 What did I do this week:
8 I wrote a man-page for fcaps (with docbook and xslt), which required a
9 bit of reading and try-and-error to get it done right :).
10 I changed the format of fcaps a little bit, so more than one capability
11 can be set.
12 Finally I added capabilites for ping6 and traceroute6 to the
13 net-misc/iputils ebuild, it is now setuid free.
14
15 Then I tested fcaps with net-misc/iputils with different file-systems:
16 ext2, ext3, ext4 support capabilities, if CONFIG_EXT[2,3,4]_FS_XATTR is set.
17 hfs/hfsplus (surprise, surprise ;)), reiserfs3 do not support capabilities.
18 xfs, jfs support capabilities out of the box.
19
20 My first mile-stone is due to next week, here is the corresponding
21 excerpt from my proposal:
22 May 24th to June 13th
23 I will implement an alpha-version of the Capability-setting script,
24 integrate it in portage and test it with the "net-misc/iputils"-ebuild.
25
26 So that's it for now, if you have questions, suggestions or
27 improvement-ideas, feel free to
28 mail me or add a comment :).
29
30 Cheers,