From: "André Erdmann" <dywi@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Cc: Rafael Martins <rafaelmartins@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] kernelconfig - progress report #4
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 00:05:54
1 Hi everyone,
4 == Brief summary of this project ==
5
6 kernelconfig is about generating kernel configuration files,
7 using various sources such as curated defconfigs, detected hardware,
8 installed packages and user input.
9
10 The project's code can be found at [0].
13 == This week's progress ==
14
15 The configuration mini-language, which I had started the week before,
16 has been extended by support for conditional statements; config-modifying
17 'commands' can compare the kernel version and check whether certain config
18 options exist.
19
20 The project has a proper "main" script now.
21 It takes a .config file as input, applies config modifications from a
22 settings file, and creates the output .config file.
23
24 I've also started with documentation, which currently covers the
25 configuration mini-language and how config generation works.
28 == Plans for the next week ==
29
30 Documentation and a few code improvements.
34 [0] https://github.com/dywisor/kernelconfig
35
36 Regards,
37 André E.