From: Priit Laes <plaes@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Project Grumpy - report #5
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:48:29
1 This is a progress report #5 for Project Grumpy.
2
3 Progress so far
4 ===============
5
6 I basically wasted last week trying to get Tinderbox working on my desktop
7 machine, but eventually gave up as I ran into some troubles with its
8 networking.
9
10 I also cooperated with infra team to get my app running on soc.dev.gentoo.org,
11 but eventually gave up because I needed upstream release for Flask-SQLAlchemy,
12 and patching it would have been too cumbersome.
13
14 Therefore I ended up setting a preview of the web UI on my own server, just
15 visit our IRC channel [1] to get the url ;)
16
17 Also, together with my mentor Leio, we updated roadmap for the second part of
18 this project timeline. More about that in the future plans section.
19
20 [1] irc://irc.freenode.net/#gentoo-grumpy
21
22 Future plans
23 ============
24
25 I have already integrated basic OpenID support and developer signup and have
26 plans to implement "favorite packages" functionality for developers.
27
28 19 Jul - 25 Jul:
29 * Implement "favorite packages" functionality
30 * Basic grumpy commandline utils for developers
31 * Web interface improvements
32 27 Jul - 1 Aug :
33 * Unittesting for models
34 * Version bump checker plugins
35 * PyPi
36 * GNOME
37 * Tinderbox plugin implementation (if I can get my desktop machine working)
38 * Web interface improvements...
39 2 Aug - 8 Aug:
40 * TBD.
41
42 Project info
44
45 Git repository of Grumpy repo is available from [2].
46
47 [2] http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/grumpy.git;a=summary
48
49 Project's semi-official IRC channel is #gentoo-grumpy on Freenode network,
50 if you run into troubles when testing out this project, then just ping me with
51 a message.