From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Wrapping up GSoC
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:11:36
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I've been following your projects all summer, and overall I'm really
4 happy with how well things have gone. You've run into problems and
5 figured out how to overcome them and succeed anyway. GSoC ends Monday,
6 so I just wanted to send out a quick note about a couple of final
7 details:
8
9 What should you submit as your final deliverable?
10 -------------------------------------------------
11
12 What I'm looking for is code that runs with enough documentation that I
13 can easily install and run it by myself (in other words, a *product*
14 rather than a *project*). If your project is standalone, I'd love to see
15 you release a 0.1 tarball too, and announce it on the gentoo-dev list so
16 everyone knows how things went. Your project should have a homepage or
17 be part of a larger project with a homepage, somewhere on gentoo.org
18 (for now, soc.dev.gentoo.org/~your_username is acceptable).
19
20 You should also send a final wrap-up report to the gentoo-soc list.
21 Summarize your project, anything major that you had to change from your
22 initial plan, and how you envision the future of your project.
25 What next?
26 ----------
27
28 We hope you had a great summer, and we would love you to stick around
29 and keep working on your projects. The other 250 of us volunteer to work
30 on Gentoo, and it's only a matter of a few hours a week rather than the
31 full-time efforts you've been putting in. If you're interested (and we
32 hope you are!), please talk to your mentor and to me, and we'll get
33 things started.
37 Thanks,
38 Donnie
39