From: Naohiro Aota <naota@×××××.net>
To: patrick@g.o
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC] Gentoo/DragonFly BSD Report
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 13:06:07
1 Hi, Patrick and list
2
3 This is a weekly report of a SoC project "Porting Gentoo to DragonFly
4 BSD".
5
6 From the last week to now, I've done these things.
7
8 - install sandbox binary, portage
9 - sync to portage tree
10 - create "profiles/default/bsd/dfbsd", "profiles/arch/x86-dfbsd",
11 "profiles/releases/dfbsd-2.6" like freebsd's ones.
12 - create copy of the base package ebuilds and KEYWORD them as
13 "~x86-dfbsd"
14 - fix some of the ebuilds
15 - install "eseleclt-python" by hand using ebuild.
16 - USE='-*' emerge -1 portage
17
18 Now I'm trying "emrge -uDN world" on DragonFly BSD.
19
20 Here are some problems I'm struggling with.
21
22 - "sort -z"
23 DragonFly BSD's "sort" have no "-z" option, so that "sandbox" seems
24 not work. (ebuild.sh uses the option to deal something "sandbox"
25 related works)
26
27 - sandbox porting
28 Linux getcwd() set errno = ENAMETOOLONG when The path was longer
29 than PATH_MAX. But this behavior is not compatible with POSIX.
30 "sandbox" is written to follow this Linux manner, so sandbox not
31 working so well on *BSD.
32
33 Here is my work around patch. But I think it would be better to
34 convert ERANGE to ENAMETOOLONG or reverse at somewhere (maybe after
35 calling vanilla getcwd() is adequate)
36
37 http://github.com/naota/gentoo-dragonflybsd/commit/810b0be2b897579327b14fc599ba3024983237c7
38
39 Regards,