From: Kyle Pan <kyle.j.pan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Serkan Kaba <serkan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo/Java IDE integration Final report
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:23:53
1 Hi All,
2
3 Glad to announce the completion of the project -- Gentoo/Java IDE
4 integration. The past two weeks I focused on some wrap-up work such as
5 better code formatting, better documentation, etc. All the effort is
6 to make sure the project can be in a better state for future
7 developments.
8
9 In this post firstly summarizing my project and work in Gsoc:
10
11 According to my proposal, there's mainly two parts of work for the
12 project, namely , 1) an enhanced version of java-config adding api to
13 query javasrc and javadoc, and, 2) an eclipse's plugin listing system
14 installed java packages for user to select and import into build path.
15 So as the deliverables, respectively: 1) kylepan's enhanced version of
16 java-config and, 2) a eclipse's plugin update site.
17
18 There's no major changes in my actual work compared to the initial
19 plan, except for a minor change:
20 1) in my initial plan I planed a new dialog of UI while in my work I
21 leveraged the exsisting Add Container UI instead for code reusage.
22 This change doesn't affact the function.
23
24 In addition, I add one new feature to my project , ie. to have the
25 ability to also include the dependencies.
26
27 I'll still keep maintaining the project after Gsoc. Some of the plans include:
28
29 1) Do bug fix etc.
30 2) Research about Gentoo Prefix. If java-config supports Gentoo
31 Prefix, I'll add the suppport of it in my plugin.
32 3) add a "refresh" button and implement its function. Currently when
33 user emerges a new java package on the fly (ie. during the eclipse's
34 running so the plugin activated), the newly emerged package won't show
35 in the UI until eclipse's restarted.(For currently the list is
36 cached). So I want to add manually refresh function.
37 4) maybe make the api of java-config a separate module.
38 5) research and maybe make similar plugin for NetBeans( maybe in long
39 term for I'm not fimilar with NetBeans)
42 And here I integrate other resources of my project for quick reference:
43
44 The wiki: http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/wiki/Gentoo_Java_IDE_Integration
45 The project's Gsoc blog: http://jialepan.wordpress.com/
46 Kylepan's enhanced version of java-config repo(SVN):
47 http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/java/projects/java-config-2/branches/kylepan/
48 GenEclipse project's
49 repo:http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/java/projects/GenEclipse/trunk/
50 GenEclipse's update site:
51 http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/java/projects/GenEclipse/trunk/updatesite2/
52
53 And I'd like to apply for becoming a Gentoo dev and I need your
54 support. I'll consult my mentor to get things (the process etc.)
55 settle down.
56
57 Alough said in last report, I'd like to state again: many thanks to my
58 mentor Serkan. And thank other people helped me in Gsoc!
59 I love Gentoo!
63 Best Regards,
64 Jiale Pan (Kyle Pan)