From: Michael Gilroy <Michael.Gilroy@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: MPI Overlay: Week 4
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:05:55
1 Hi all,
2
3 *Summary:*
4
5 Last week's plan:
6 1) Start working towards multiplexed & multilib installs for mpi-select.
7 2) Start testing new mpi-select against mpich and openmpi implementations,
8 seeing if both implementations can be installed against something like hpl.
9 3) Refine wiki/documentation for the project
10
11 mpi-select, for multilib-like multiplexing, should be able to be wrapped up
12 in the next few weeks. The eclass will make it easier for users to pick
13 multiple implementations & their versions to build against other software.
14
15 Next Week's Plan:
16 1) Loop over commands in the build process for multiple implementations.
17 2) Add more mpi implementation's versions to the overlay, testing with
18 mpi-providers
19 3) Adjust libraries/binaries installations globally. This will later be for
20 mpi-dependent things only
21
22 *Day-by-day-breakdown:*
23 *June 19th:*
24 *Today's Plans:*
25
26 Clean up documentation (README, metadata.xml's) and migrate wiki page.
27 Work in progress. Progress has been made, but I will need to continue
28 improving this.
29
30 Test and add more implementation versions to the overlay.
31 Completed. Still working on the latest openmpi version.
32
33 Fix find statement in mpi-providers.
34 Work in progress. I'm testing this using pipes/xargs with cp, will continue
35 to work on this.
36
37 Start committing code to emulate multilib multiplexing with MPI installs.
38
39 Incomplete. This will be my primary objective Tuesday.
40
41 *Tuesday's Plans:*
42
43 Implement multilib-like exported functions (configure, compile, install).
46 Continue work on mpi-providers find statement.
49 Continue building openmpi-2.1.1, add to overlay when tested.
52 *June 20th:*
53 *Tuesday's Plans*
54
55 Implement multilib-like exported functions (configure, compile, install).
56
57 Work in progress. I would like to get this to the point where I can write a
58 detailed email tonight.
59
60 Continue work on mpi-providers find statement.
61 Work in progress. Along with pipe/xargs testing, I'm looking into command
62 substitution with proper error handling.
65 Continue building openmpi-2.1.1, add to overlay when tested.
66
67 Work in progress. I'm running into Fortran build issues in the
68 configuration phase. If this issue persists, I will be including details in
69 my email tonight.
72 *Wednesday's Plans:*
73
74 Integrate more multilib-like properties in mpi-select to discuss further
75 with mentors.
76
77 Resolve Fortran issues in openmpi-2.1.1 build. If not, include in email.
78
79 Email mentors regarding details, progress, and help needed.
80
81 *June 21st:*
82 *Wednesday's Progress:*
83
84 With homework, class, and some power outages, I essentially took the day
85 off other than some housekeeping in the repository. I will look to make up
86 my hours Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, as I do not have class any of
87 these days.
90 *Thursday's Goals:*
91
92 Integrate more multilib-like properties in mpi-select to discuss further
93 with mentors.
94
95 Resolve Fortran issues in openmpi-2.1.1 build. If not, include in email.
96
97 Email mentors regarding details, progress, and help needed.
98
99 *June 22nd:*
100
101 *Thursday's Goals:*
102
103 Integrate more multilib-like properties in mpi-select to discuss further
104 with mentors.
105 Work in progress. I currently have a general framework setup, and am
106 working towards a proper implementation.
107
108 Resolve Fortran issues in openmpi-2.1.1 build. If not, include in email.
109 Awaiting response from an email I very recently sent.
112 Email mentors regarding details, progress, and help needed.
113 Completed. This, along with our weekly meeting, will likely continue to
114 clarify anything that I still have questions about.
117 *Friday's Goals:*
118
119 Resolve issues detailed in email correspondence, potentially through weekly
120 meeting.
121
122 Continue mpi-select src_* implementation, get mpi_foreach_implementation to
123 properly loop identical commands over different implementations.
124
125 *June 23rd:*
126
127 *Friday's Goals:*
128
129 Resolve issues detailed in email correspondence, potentially through weekly
130 meeting.
131 Completed. A lot of my questions were answered via email, and resolutions
132 were created.
133
134 Continue mpi-select src_* implementation, get mpi_foreach_implementation to
135 properly loop identical commands over different implementations.
136
137 Work in progress. This will be a big part of next week's work.
140 *Monday's Goals:*
141
142 Complete loop to repeat commands per selected implementation.
143
144 Implement src_* per abi, per mpi implementation.
149 Thanks,
150 Michael