From: Zhang Zongyu <zzy2529420793@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Big Data Infrastructure and Maven Overlay in Week 12
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 17:23:50
1 Hello,
2
3 In the past 2 weeks, I finished the coding parts of java-ebuilder
4 and java-pkg-simple.eclass.
5
6 The new java-pkg-simple supports the missing features like java
7 resources and src_test(). I have produced a small overlay that
8 makes use of new java-pkg-simple and java-ebuilder. You can
9 find the overlay here[1].
10
11 Besides, I have rewritten the scripts of java-ebuilder. The new
12 makefile coded version of `movl` and its friends are located in
13 'scripts.new/' of the repository[2]. The test-java-pkg-simple overlay[1]
14 also contains an ebuild that will install makefile coded version scripts.
15
16 Finally for the overlay of spark-core[3], because java-pkg-simple
17 cannot deal with uber jars and shaded jars properly, it turns out that
18 to emerge spark-core, I have to set USE="binary" for some pkgs.
19 Luckily, it seems that spark-core finally works.
20 I wrote a simple package called "dev-java/spark-demo" that runs
21 Monte Carlo Integrations with spark-core. Simply following the
22 Quick Start section of [3], the program will give
23 the integration of "\int^{0.789}_{0} dt/\sqrt{(1-t^2)(1-0.7t^2)}"
24 and the value of Pi.
25
26 The next week I decided to write documentations for `java-ebuilder` and
27 `movl`.
28
29 Regards,
30 Zhang Zongyu