From: Proneet Verma <proneet11@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC '14 - Improved Cloud Support - Proposal
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 07:22:48
1 Hi,
2
3 My name is Proneet Verma and I am a sophomore from IIT Kanpur, India,
4 studying Materials Science and Engineering. I have been using Gentoo for
5 quite a while now (around 6 months) and since then I have been following
6 the Gentoo project.
7
8 I am interested in working on the project Improved Cloud Support[1] for
9 GSoC '14 and I've already submitted my proposal on the google-melange
10 website[2].
11
12 The aim of my project is to improve the cloud based support for Gentoo
13 based systems and reduce the developers time in setting up the
14 infrastructure, by adding support for building AMIs, spawning
15 docker-containers via puppet and easily setting up monitoring and testing
16 tools like Jenkins.
17
18 I am looking forward to your feedback/questions.
19 Thanking you in anticipation.
20
21 [1] Idea page:
22 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2013/Ideas/Improved_cloud_support