From: Rafael Martins <rafael@×××××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: robbat2@g.o, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Distfile patching support - Weekly report #10
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 07:22:54
1 Hi all,
2
3 Quick summary: Improve the performance of the Gentoo Linux mirrors by
4 reducing the overall bandwidth load, allowing people to fetch binary
5 patches from the mirrors, instead of the full source tarballs, when
6 updating some package. This project is partially based on GLEP 25.
7
8 The project is on schedule.
9
10 == Progress ==
11
12 Last week I rewrote a fair amount of distpatch code, to improve some
13 bits for the first release. The codebase is ready for 0.1, I'm just
14 cutting some deltas at vulture to see if everything is really ok, and
15 to test the Portage patch properly, before send it upstream for
16 review. This patch is working fine and can already install packages
17 properly from an old distfile + a series of deltas. I also finished
18 the required functionality of the helper tool for package managers.
19
20 == Next steps ==
21
22 Finish software integration and tests.
23 Send Portage patch upstream, finally.
24
25 Best Regards,
28 Rafael Goncalves Martins
29 http://rafaelmartins.eng.br/