From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] GSoC '14 - Improved Cloud Support - Draft Proposal
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:16:57
1 On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:59:16 +0530
2 Proneet Verma <proneet11@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I am interested in working on the project "Improved Cloud
7 > Support<https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2013/Ideas/Improved_cloud_support>"
8 > for GSoC '14; for which I have drafted out my proposal
9 > here<https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Proneetv/GSoC_Proposal> for
10 > your kind perusal.
11 >
12 > Please provide your feedback.
13 >
14 > Thanking you in anticipation.
15 >
16 > Regards,
17 > Proneet Verma
18 > (irc: proneet @freenode)
19
20 That's a pretty good start.
21
22 Could you please work to expand the timeline with more details of what
23 needs to be done.
24
25 eg: 19th May - 10th June: Write modules for building AMIs and ebuilds
26 for packer tool
27
28 What modules? for Catalyst? list them.
29
30 "ebuilds for packer tool" not being familiar with packer...
31 How many? please list them.
32
33 For us reviewers that don't know enough of the detail involved, we
34 need as much info as possible. You might also want to add that detail
35 in goole-melange, not your public wiki page (for now). Student
36 proposals submissions are now open, they can be edited up until the
37 deadline. There, reviewers can ask specific questions about your
38 proposal and gain further insight as to your understanding of
39 the project and your capability to complete the work. You will be able
40 to edit your proposal to clarify, etc..
43 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>