From: Devan Franchini <oot153@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] # Final progress report - SELinux Policy Originator
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:08:56
1 Hello again, Gentoo SoC community!
2
3 ==========================Final Progress==========================
4 Throughout the Summer I have spent time completing the program called
5 the SELinux Policy Originator, or SEOrigin for short.
6
7 As stated in the initial proposal SEOrigin is comprised of three components:
8
9 *The capture plugin
10 *The workflow component
11 *The query interface
12
13 To make this as short, sweet and simple as possible...
14
15 The capture plugin takes the raw m4 macro expansions of selinux
16 policies during compilation of a policy, it parses them into record
17 like information for the definition of a record and the source record
18 of a call in a particular line in the .te file of a selinux policy.
19 Once all of this is parsed, it is written to a plain text file that is
20 then passed to the workflow component.
21
22 The workflow component takes in the parsed records and dissects it for
23 necessary information to populate the database that is created upon
24 running the workflow script.
25
26 The query interface is the interface script that the user will be
27 using at the end of all of this. A user will search for a particular
28 statement and the query interface will find the origin of that
29 statement and it will also see if that statement leads to a call in a
30 source record.
31
32 Back to the actually progress being made though:
33
34 I have successfully created properly functioning scripts for the
35 capture plugin, and the workflow component.
36
37 I am a little disappointed in myself but I was unable to complete the
38 query interface in time. It still needs work before it is of any use
39 to anyone.
40
41 ========================= Plans for the future =======================
42
43 Although I am not finished with the query interface it is obvious that
44 I won't just leave it as it is, I plan to continue working on this
45 entire project after the summer and supporting the project while I
46 live and breathe! I do believe I have learned quite a bit in what
47 seems like the small amount of time given to me throughout this
48 summer.
49
50 With regards,
51 Devan Franchini (twitch153)