From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Idea: Add tags support to Portage
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:16:07
1 On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 8:35 AM, alexsmk <alexsmk@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello, I am interested in the idea to add tags to portage, could I get some
3 > more details about envisioned scope of this idea? Specifically what is meant
4 > by allowing  "for backwards compatibility of categories as tags" as stated
5 > on the Gentoo soc wiki.
8 There have been various discussions on the gentoo-dev ML about
9 this[1], google around for more information. There also have been
10 discussions about this on Exherbo lists, and I _think_ they also have
11 a working implementation.
12
13 1. http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_49d13fd1a36cdf2464df7e99ab05b44c.xml
14 --