From: Rafael Martins <rafael@×××××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: robbat2@g.o, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Distfile patching support - Weekly report #7
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 01:29:12
1 Hi all
2
3 Quick summary: Improve the performance of the Gentoo Linux mirrors by
4 reducing the overall bandwidth load, allowing people to fetch binary
5 patches from the mirrors, instead of the full source tarballs, when
6 updating some package. This project is partially based on GLEP 25.
7
8 The project is still a bit ahead of schedule.
9
10 == Progress ==
11
12 This week I ran some tests in vulture... Tests performed well, but I
13 stopped in some corner cases, that I'm solving. Started writing
14 portage patches in parallel. Nothing usable yet.
15
16 On the personal side, I defended my bachelor thesis today, and I'm
17 almost an Engineer now (just need to do some fixes on the final text
18 for print, and present my internship report before I became a "full"
19 Engineer) :D
20
21 == Next steps ==
22
23 Fix the corner cases, until get a full tree run for distdiffer. Finish
24 patching portage.
25
26 Best regards,
29 Rafael Goncalves Martins