From: Liam McLoughlin <hexxeh@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoaster - Week 2 progress report
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 00:29:27
1 Hey,
2
3 So if you saw my progress report last week, you’ll know I was having
4 problems with the bootloader. That’s all now resolved, it turned out
5 to be a partition alignment problem. Images are now booting up to a
6 login prompt and run just fine under QEMU and VirtualBox. Took me
7 quite some time to work this out, so I didn’t manage to get a whole
8 lot else done this last week, my exams are coming up towards the end
9 of this month so I have less and less time, however I’m totally free
10 from June 7th to power on with this every day so I think I should be
11 fine on time. So in the past week I’ve:
12
13 - Fixed the bootloader and partitioning problems
14 - Started adding GNOME to an image to test this install
15
16 I started adding GNOME to images, but the emerge fails withan XML
17 parser Perl module problem, which I’m currently fixing. Once this is
18 done, I’ll be tidying up the script and then adding configuration
19 parsing. After some extended testing I’ll then be able to move onto
20 the WebUI. I think that errors similar to the GNOME one might appear
21 in other packages if a user passes a custom list with their build
22 request, so perhaps some helper scripts might be required if certain
23 packages are installed, to prevent these things happening. If anyone
24 has suggestions on that front I’d very much like to hear them.
25
26 Thanks,
27 Liam