From: Devan Franchini <oot153@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] SELinux policy originator | Progress Report #2
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 06:10:07
1 Week #2 Progress Report-
2
3 ==================================== Progress
4 ====================================
5
6 Over the span of this week I have created most of the necessary
7 scripting for the capture plugin. I believe that
8 once I change bits and pieces of code here and there it'll be near completion.
11 This is a good thing because the workflow component is very similar in
12 the fact that it does something *similar* to the capture plugin.
13 It takes in a file, checks it, and edits a outputted database
14 accordingly. The only difference in the capture plugin and the
15 workflow
16 component is that the workflow component will be a tad more complex as
17 it will not be parsing input; but instead it will
18 be capturing the output from the capture plugin, insert this
19 information into a database, and act as an interface for the
20 database towards the query component.
21
22 So the workflow component is likely going to be the most difficult
23 thing to complete. Difficult, yes. Impossible? No.
24
25 ================================ Plans for next week
26 ==================================
27
28 Unfortunately due to my Calculus summer course I was not able to do as
29 much work as I had hoped to, nonetheless
30 I believe I have made good progress.
31
32 So my plans for next week are as follows:
33
34 *Attempt to get complete desired parsing of the captured m4 macros expansions.
35 *Add any finishing touches on the Capture plugin.
36 *Begin coding the Workflow component for the SELinux Policy Originator.
37
38 Until then I hope everyone else makes good progress on their projects
39 as well. :)