From: Eitan Mosenkis <eitan@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo SoC <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>, Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: [GSoC status] Web-based image builder
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:32:56
1 This week was a little less productive than usual. I got the front
2 end to be much more usable, allowing configurations to be modified by
3 the user at will and making it possible to view the settings of a
4 configuration. I also added a validity check on configurations before
5 the build stage, making sure the backend won't waste time trying to
6 build an image with packages that are no longer available, etc. I
7 broke the backend into smaller parts just to keep things better
8 organized and fixed various bugs that had made their way into the
9 backend while I've been focusing on the frontend. I also added the
10 option to set a timezone, choose udev or static-dev, and to choose
11 from preconfigured sets of packages, such as "HTTP Servers" and
12 "Desktop Environments". Lastly, I updated the welcome page to list
13 popular builds, recent completed builds, and recently downloaded
14 builds.
15
16 To do:
17 -Continue to expand the options available for configuring the build
18 -Extend the API used by frontend modules to also work for options
19 universal to all modules
20 -Add privacy options so users can choose whether to share the builds
21 and configurations they have created
22
23 In preparation for offering adding/removing init scripts, I'd
24 appreciate if people could execute the following and email it to me,
25 along with what arch they're running:
26 equery belongs /etc/init.d/*
27
28 Thanks.