From: "Otávio Pontes" <otaviobp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Multiple Repository Support in Portage - Week 3
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:56:57
1 On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 19:11, Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 19:42 +0200, Auke Booij wrote:
3 >> Paludis actually puts the repository name after the package, for
4 >> example app-portage/eix::gentoo. Is there any specific reason you
5 >> decided to do it your way? I don't know how pkgcore does this, btw,
6 >> just interested to hear your reasoning.
7
8 There isn't a specific reason i did this way. Actually, i have read
9 the Paludis docs and copied the '::' from they. But i misunderstood.
10 I will change it to fit the paludis and pkgcore way.
11 Thanks for the hint.
12
13 Otávio Pontes
16 >> tulcod.
19 > Yes pkgcore is the same repo syntax as paludis.  So why mess with a
20 > standard the other 2 package mangers have had for a few years already?
21 > It'll be confusing as hell for users trying to figure out and keep
22 > straight between PM's and forum postings saying one way, then another.
23 > Also for someone like me coding a gui frontend it means having 2
24 > different code blocks to do the same thing, one for each syntax style :(