From: wiktor w brodlo <wiktor@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo Anaconda progress report 2011-06-19
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 23:14:25
1 Hi Gentooers!
2
3 *Intro*
4
5 Gentoo Anaconda is a fork of Sabayon Anaconda which is a fork of
6 Fedora/Red Hat Anaconda. Anaconda is an installer for Linux disros,
7 originally for Fedora/RH but now it's distro-independent and many
8 other distros use it as their installer. Sabayon is a binary distro
9 based on Gentoo.
10
11 *Progress so far*
12
13 I have finally managed to get Anaconda to run on the LiveDVD and touch
14 the actual code :-)
15 So far I've only done some basic branding tasks (like renaming the
16 installer the “Gentoo Installer” instead of “Sabayon Installer”). I've
17 had some trouble with openiscsi and patching Anaconda's internal audit
18 and libselinux from the ebuild, but I've managed to get it working
19 after all. I figured out that Anaconda also requires Sabayon's package
20 manager, Entropy, but it was not in *DEPEND. After installing it from
21 the Sabayon overlay, Anaconda booted up with no trouble. I will NOT be
22 putting Entropy into anaconda-overlay, so in order to install Anaconda
23 one needs to install entropy from the Sabayon overlay first. At least
24 for now, I will of course remove the unneeded dependency later (in the
25 next term, this term is already PACKED).
26
27 In the coming week, I'm going to start real coding. I need to work
28 fast to get back into the schedule but I'm still positive I can make
29 it. Of course the difficulty went up, but it's not all the way up to
30 11.
31
32 Good luck, all.
33 ~ wiktor.