From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: "Dario B." <dario.mail1@×××××.com>, christo kotsi <christo.kotsi@×××××.com>, Cickumqt@×××××.com, santiago.ferreira@×××××.com, hilobakho@×××××.com, manu.cherthedath@×××××.com, ruknez@×××××.com, migi9492@××××××××.edu, abhijithpa.official@×××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Final Gentoo GSOC proposal requirements
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 00:55:45
1 Thank you all for your proposals. This is a reminder to all students.
2
3 There are some of you that have not yet met all our requirements.
4
5 We need to set a hard deadline of 12:00 noon UTC, Wednesday, April 12,
6 for all Gentoo proposal requirements to be met. We will then be making
7 our final decisions and subsequent submission to Google. No one will
8 know the final results until Google makes their announcement and posts
9 the results of the accepted students.
10 See the GSOC timeline for that information.
13 Gentoo specific requirements include:
14
15 1) Joining the gentoo-soc email list, sending an email introducing
16 yourself and your proposal idea (not the detailed proposal).
17
18 2) Making yourself available now for questions, etc. in our #gentoo-soc
19 IRC channel. While reviewing your proposals, we may have questions and
20 ask you to clarify or expand on something from your proposal.
21
22 3) Fixing at least one bug, preferably in a related package with
23 a similar/same VCS. Attaching patches to the bug and/or making a pull
24 request to the appropriate gentoo repo for review/merge.
25 AKA, we want to see some proof that you can work with the code, VCS and
26 our own bugzilla. It may not always be possible to have bugs directly
27 relating to your proposal. In that case please contact us so we may
28 suggest some bugs.
29
30 4) If any of the potential mentors has asked anything of you to further
31 your proposal, clarify, etc..., please ensure you make every effort to
32 accomplish and provide that. If not by direct email or IRC to that
33 mentor, then at least to this email list so it is view-able by all
34 project mentors & reviewers.
35
36 Remember, the sooner you meet all these requirements, the better may
37 be your chances of being accepted. Communication between students and
38 mentors is a key factor to a successful GSOC project. So, your
39 communication between mentors and yourself is also part of our decision
40 process.
41
42 Thank you,
43 Gentoo Summer of Code team