From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] rfc: reducing the time of "Calculating dependencies" phase project.
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 15:59:55
1 On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 4:43 AM, áÌÅËÓÁÎÄÒ âÅÒÓÅÎÅ× <bay@×××××××××.ru> wrote:
2 > Is it possingle to cache complete dependency graph(or parts of this graph)
3 > between launches?
4
5 Yes, but it's very much dependent on using a "frozen tree" mode as
6 we've discussed, because the emerge --dynamic-deps option is enabled
7 by default. The --dynamic-deps behavior causes the dependency graph
8 mutate when the portage trees or overlays mutate.
9
10 > When I have been doing my last GSoC project(also about dependencies), I
11 > didn't manage to find a database of reverse deps. If it is not exists, may
12 > it be useful to create it to determine if full graph check is needed?
13
14 It doesn't exist because of the default --dynamic-deps behavior and
15 the lack of a "frozen tree" mode.