From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] New idea: network eclean
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:14:45
1 On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Dmitry Bashkatov <me@×××××××.name> wrote:
2 > Hello! I have an idea for GSoC. There is tool called eclean. It is
3 > really helpful to clean unneeded distfiles. But it is very popular to
4 > share the same distfiles location between number of machines via NFS.
5 > And calling eclean from one machine deletes distfiles that may be
6 > useful for others.
7 > Idea is to create network eclean. That will gather information about
8 > wanted distfiles from all machines listed in some file and then do
9 > delete. Hosts file by default contains only localhost.
10 >
11 > What do you think about it?
12 > This is easy task, so it can be united with other gsoc idea.
15 This can already be done if you run `eclean -pCq` on all the machines,
16 and only delete the files which are common among all those lists. It's
17 pretty easy to hack up a script to ssh into all the machines, run the
18 command, gather the lists, and find the intersection of them all.
19
20 Personally, I don't see how this is more than a 2hr job.
23 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
24
25 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team