From: Jian Cao <sworden.cao@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-soc@l.g.o" <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Cc: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC] Weekly Report: June 3 - June 9 - A new framework supports for multiple MPI implementations
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:00:03
1 Hi Andrew,
5 This week I designed and implemented mpi.eselect and a MPI-based package sys-cluster/hpl as an example. These two eselect files can both handle 'list', 'set', 'show' and 'none'. The eselect files basically connect to moduel files' actions directly, which including environment variables operations mostly. So users are able to use eselect directly without 'module' command (actually 'module' works but it is not necessary).
9 Next week I will design mpi.eclass to provide interfaces for ebuilds and change ${EPREFIX} for MPI or MPI-based packages (hopefully sys-cluster/hpl.ebuild as an example). mpi.eclass should be able rewrite/remove module files and/or eselect files.
13 After next-week's work, the framework should be able to be tested directly from ebuild writing to eselect operation.
17 Regards,
21 Jian