From: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
To: Harry Pantazis <luserx0@×××××.com>, gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: GSOC - Improve Gentoo CJK Support
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 15:39:51
1 Hello Harry,
2
3 Welcome to the Gentoo GSoC!
6 On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 8:13 PM, Harry Pantazis <luserx0@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > Greetings,
8 >
9 > I would be interested in improving gentoo's CJK support.
10 >
11 > I am a member of hackerspace.gr and a CS student and I'm currently
12 > freelancing as a python developer and linux admin on
13 > https://www.peopleperhour.com/freelancer/harry/software-developer-and-sysadmin/1914128
14 >
15 > I participated in last year's GSoC but it didn't work out. Hopefully
16 > everything is on my calendar of the adventure at luserx0.me
17 >
18 > Could you elaborate a little on the project idea and provide me with
19 > resources to get me fast started, I would like to make a minor
20 > contribution before I give you a proposal.
21
22 Gentoo CJK project needs a big support effort and your interest is
23 really appreciated!
24
25 I suggest that you start working on the CJK bugs [1], you can find such bugs on
26 Gentoo Bugzilla [2].
27 Look into the related packages in the Gentoo repository [3] and figure
28 out what's missing.
29 Feel free to ask on this list along with your preparation.
30 Then you can come back with a feasible plan for the summer.
31
32 [1] cjk@g.o
33 [2] https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=cjk&sharer_id=86336
34 [3] https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/search?l=XML&q=cjk%40gentoo.org&type=&utf8=%E2%9C%93
39 Thanks,
40 Alice Ferrazzi
41
42 Gentoo Kernel Project Leader
43 Gentoo Foundation Vice-Secretary
44 Gentoo Google Summer of Code Administrator
45 Mail: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
46 PGP: 2E4E 0856 461C 0585 1336 F496 5621 A6B2 8638 781A