From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Multiple Repository Support in Portage - Week 3
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 03:51:10
1 On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 05:47:42PM +0200, Auke Booij wrote:
2 > 2010/6/16 Otávio Pontes <otaviobp@×××××.com>:
3 > > I couldn't find in paludis documentation (nor in pkgcore) where should
4 > > go repository name when using useflags to emerge a package.
5 >
6 > I don't think it's considered "right" to depend on a /repository/.
7 > Instead, you depend on packages, versions, slots and useflags, but if
8 > you really want to be able to do this I guess you should speak with
9 > the PM devs.
10
11 It's actually alright- both from the commandline, and ebuild's
12 specifying explicit repository deps. Ebuild's rarely should be
13 doing this in my opinion, but there are instants where it's
14 necessary in my experience. Basically, leave the support there, if
15 people really care they get to add some marker to the repository
16 blocking usage of repo deps.
17
18 As for syntax, it's cat/pkg:slotting-if-any:repo[flag-bits]
19
20 So for specifying a slot and a repo, and disabling build,
21 sys-apps/portage:0:gentoo[-build]
22
23 If you don't care about the slot, you leave it empty-
24 sys-apps/portage::gentoo[-build]
25
26 CC'ing ciaran either way- in testing paludis 0.46,
27 sys-apps/portage:0:gentoo isn't flying... (the use ordering however
28 does).
29
30 ~harring