From: "Domen Kožar" <domen@×××.si>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSOC weekly report #7 and #8: g-pypi
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:00:08
1 Blog post:
2 http://www.fubar.si/2010/7/20/gpypi2-google-summer-of-code-week-7-and-8
3
4 ------------------------------------------------------
5 Plain text version:
6
7 Greetings, following is the weekly update for gpypi2 project. It's main
8 purpose is to generate ebuilds from Python Package Index. Quick links to
9 project info:
10
11 Repository, issue tracker: http://bitbucket.org/iElectric/g-pypi2
12 Hudson CI instance: http://hudson.fubar.si/job/g-pypi2/
13 Sphinx documentation generated by hudson on each commit:
14 http://docs.fubar.si/gpypi2/
15
16 Very successful 2 weeks. Two days of vacations and nice shiney
17 configuration utility together with questionnaire.
18
19 ==============================================
20 Previous 2 weeks (5th - 19th July)
21 ==============================================
22
23 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
24 Task: Write configuration skeleton
25 Currently, gpypi2 code only takes configuration from command line.
26 I'd like to extend that to config file (.ini), get data directly from
27 setup.py
28 and interactive questionaire. In order for that to function properly,
29 configuration needs to be done in right sequence.
30 Following week I will write down the design and implement initial
31 working prototype.
32 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
33
34 Configuration dispatcher fully implemented! Also we have already working
35 questionnaire functionality. Details can be found at
36 http://docs.fubar.si/gpypi2/userguide.html#configuration
37
38 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
39 Task: sync command - populate overlay with successful ebuilds from pypi
40 When I will get bored or stuck with task #1, I'll start working on
41 command that will
42 generate ebuilds from all packages in pypi to an overlay.
43 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
44
45 Initial "sync" command is implemented. Still lacking proper error
46 handling, metadata generation and manifest update support. Will be a lot
47 easier to implement with current configuration management.
50 Additional, following mini-tasks were performed:
51
52 * fixed echo command to work properly
53 * correct handling of whitespace in rendered ebuilds
54 * replace 4 spaces with a tab in rendered ebuilds
55
56 ==========================================================
57 Upcoming week (20th - 26th July)
61 Task: fix TODOs in the code
62 Code currently has about 60 TODOs that need to be address for a better
63 codebase.
64
65 Task: Implement "python setup.py bdist_ebuild" command
66 I'll peek into distutils heart and implement most basic bdist command to
67 output an ebuild.
68 I will basically the same stuff we currently do,
69 except it will parse data from setup.py itself and not through pypi.