From: Eitan Mosenkis <eitan@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Online image builder
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:07:24
2 > Seriously though, the purpose behind all this is not *just* to show
3 > that you can edit files or create diffs, since those are the most
4 > *basic* necessities which we'll assume you're aware of, and if we find
5 > out otherwise at a later stage...
8 Wait... so to actually succeed at software you need to know more than just
9 how to read a basic online howto and use a text editor? *scratches head*
12 > The most important thing IMO is to be able to show that you're
13 > actually interested in seeing this whole thing through till the end.
14 > Your purpose should not be to finish the project, but making sure that
15 > we're able to make use of it.
18 Ideally, I'll find time between now and the end of applications to actually
19 get a Gentoo system up in VMWare and fix some real problems from bugzilla to
20 show I do care and all, instead of just having a patch that defaces a
21 perfectly good repository. Just covering my bases until I hit vacation and
22 I have time to do something real.