From: Oliver Schinagl <oliver@××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Upstart on Gentoo - report #3
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 19:20:14
1 Exams are finally behind us and summer has started. I wish I had more
2 time so far, but I'm only slightly behind schedule.
3
4 I have fixed and can now use the libnih ebuild as it is a requirement
5 for upstart. I'm building upstart from the vcs and installing it in
6 /usr/local for now. I can boot the most basic thing and now the real
7 work starts I suppose :) Decisions will have to be made and real
8 problems tackled.
9
10 For those curious, I fixed my hard-drive issues from before (apparently
11 the LSI controller I have does not like smart requests) and my PSU of my
12 desktop is still broken. I switched to using VirtualBox on my laptop
13 from KVM, because my CPU lacks the virtual bit. I enabled and installed
14 KVM on my server, so i'm gonna see if I can use that aswell. And after
15 weeks of not being able to figure out why virtualbox was crashing when
16 accessing shared folders, might be just an upgrade I overlooked.
17
18 Happy GSoCing in this killer heat (we have hit 36C the other day :S)
19
20 Oliver