From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Your part on ideas/issues for Google Summer of Code 2010
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 00:21:35
1 On 03/04/10 08:52, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > Mart has been looking for volunteers to work on grumpy[1], which is
3 > essentially an extended version of gentoo-bumpchecker with lots of
4 > maintainer-useful information collected, processed and presented in
5 > one place. I recently asked him, and he expressed interest in
6 > mentoring someone in GSoC/2010 for this. I think he would like it if
7 > someone volunteered to co-mentor with him in this.
8 >
9 > Personally, I think this project will *really* help maintainers, and
10 > would be easy to deploy and maintain too.
11 >
12 > 1. http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/grumpy/
13
14 I have seen that page before: To be honest I have trouble getting the
15 information from that page into my head. My latest impression on that
16 was an abstract meta project.
17
18 If you turn this into concrete ideas that even I get I'm all for it :-)
22 Sebastian