From: "Otávio Pontes" <otaviobp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Multiple Repository Support in Portage - Report
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:57:15
1 Hi,
2 I have been some time without reporting my work at this mailing list and i
3 will send my report for the last weeks.
4 When i sent my last e-mail I was working on emerging a package from one
5 specific repository using emerge package::repository syntax. It is now
6 working. It's possible to use the ::repository syntax in emerge command
7 line, ebuild dependencies and when masking/unmasking/setting use flags in
8 /etc/portage/package.*.
9 I also implemented support for syncing portage tree for several version
10 control systems (git, svn, darcs, hg, bzr, ) and changed emerge --sync to
11 sync all repositories in repos.conf with SYNC variable set. Its possible to
12 sync just one repository using emerge --sync repo_name. It's possible to
13 select which vcs will be used in SYNC variable, using the protocol in uri.
14 If you want to download from a git repo using http you can use: SYNC=git+
15 http://servername/repo.git.
16 After that i wrote a test in pym/portage/tests to use some provided ebuilds
17 to check if emerge is selecting the correct repository when using
18 ::repository syntax. I am working now in improving this tests and writing
19 tests for package.* files and syncing.
20
21 That's all,
22 Otávio Pontes