From: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Gokturk Yuksek <gokturk@g.o>, Mike Pagano <mpagano@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Google Summer of Code summary week 11
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 16:07:59
1 What I did in this week 11 summary:
2
3 elivepatch work:
4 * we need a way for having old genpatches.
5 mpagano made a script for saving all the genpatches and they are saved here:
6 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mpagano/genpatches/tarballs/
7 I think we can redirect the ebuild on our overlay, for get the
8 tarballs from there.
9 * code refactoring
10 * added PORTAGE\_CONFIGROOT for set the path from where to get the incremental
11 patches.
12 * Got problem with downloading kernel sources to /usr/portage/distfiles/
13 permission denied to write to /usr/portage/distfiles/
14 /usr/portage/distfiles/ is not writable
15 * saving created livepatch and patch to the client, but sending only
16 the incremental patches and patch to the elivepatch server
17 * Cleaned output from bash command
18 * testing elivepatch with incremental patches
19 * code refactoring
20 * testing elivepatch with incremental patches
21 * merged build\_livepatch with send\_files as it can reduce the steps
22 for making the livepatch and help making it more isolated.
23 * going on writing the incremental patch
24
25 Next week:
26 starting working on the security automated patches system
29 Thanks,
30 Alice Ferrazzi
31
32 Gentoo Kernel Project Leader
33 Mail: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
34 PGP: 2E4E 0856 461C 0585 1336 F496 5621 A6B2 8638 781A