From: "Piotr Jaroszyński" <peper@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Python bindings for Paludis: status
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:41:41
1 Hello,
2
3 this will be rather brief as I am working directly in the Paludis'
4 repository - [1] and am in constant contanct with its developers.
5
6 My schedule:
7 - 6 weeks - Writing the bindings for core classes with API docs
8 and unittests.
9 Done. API docs currently in a temporary location [2], but will be on the
10 Paludis' homepage once 0.26 is released.
11
12 - 1 week - Extending the 'Programming with Paludis' tutorial
13 and writing demos.
14 I will do that later as 'Programming with Paludis' tutorial is planned to be
15 rewritten and I still need some cool ideas for useful demos. anyone?
16
17 - 1 week - Writing the bindings for QA classes with API docs
18 and unittests. Updating the tutorial.
19 Working on it already.
20
21 - 4 weeks - Allowing the subclassing of select classes: Query,
22 Repository and Environment. Updating the tutorial.
23 Played a bit with subclassing in Boost.Python, it will be fun :)
24
25 Currently Python bindings are available only in paludis-scm ebuild in Paludis
26 overlay [3], but will be released in 0.26.
27
28 P.S.1. I occasionaly write about my project in my blog:
29 http://www.piotrj.org/
30 P.S.2. beandog wants a slap for slacking with http://planet.gentoo.org/soc/
31
32 [1] - http://paludis.pioto.org/trac/browser/trunk/python