From: Pavlos Ratis <dastergon@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC 2013: identity.gentoo.org - LDAP front-end web interface
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 10:02:22
1 Hello,
2
3 My name is Pavlos Ratis and I go by the nickname of dastergon. I am an
4 undergraduate student of Informatics and Communications in the
5 Technical Educational Institute of Serres, Greece. I’ve been using
6 Gentoo since 2008 or so. Now I am an official and active Gentoo
7 developer where I work with various packages and web applications in
8 Gentoo.
9
10 I am interested in working on the "identity.gentoo.org" GSoC idea[1]
11 which is an LDAP front end web interface that will allow both Gentoo
12 developers and users to configure easily their attributes from
13 Gentoo’s LDAP server. This project is based on a previous GSoC project
14 codenamed ‘Okupy’[2], which is an LDAP authentication web UI. The web
15 application will be for general usage and not only for LDAP
16 administrators or system admins.
17
18 The web app will parse the ACL from LDAP and it will provide a web UI
19 that will allow users to easily edit the LDAP attributes. Primary
20 goals for this web application are to improve user experience to
21 manage LDAP attributes, to help recruiters and mentors manage their
22 mentees and to reduce workload for sysadmins.
23
24 You can find my proposal here[3]. I'm open to constructive criticism
25 and suggestions for improvements.
26
27 Looking forward to your replies.
28