From: "André Erdmann" <dywi@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] R_Overlay: Automated overlay maintenance - progress report #1
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 09:09:37
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 == Brief summary of this project ==
4
5 This project is a continuation of last year's project, "Automatically
6 generated overlay of R packages".
7 Its aims are extending overlay creation and, more importantly,
8 automated overlay maintenance.
9
10 For reference, the roverlay git repo can be found at [0].
13 == Last week's progress ==
14
15 I've started with the first section of my timeline, which is about
16 extending roverlay.
17
18 What's been done so far:
19
20 * the "relocate" feature, a package's category, (ebuild) name and
21 (local) src file ("->" in SRC_URI) can now be manipulated via package
22 rules. Using regexes allows to control more than one package with a
23 single rule. This feature is complete and already documented (in
24 doc/rst/usage.rst).
25
26 * the "additions dir", which is a directory with overlay-like
27 structure that contains extra files like
28
29 -> ebuild patches, either version-specific
30 (${CATEGORY}/${PN}/${PF}.patch) or "default" ones that apply to all
31 versions (${CATEGORY}/${PN}/${PN}.patch)
32
33 -> hand-written ebuilds, that should be imported into the overlay
34 (feature not complete yet)
35
36 According to my timeline, I plan to get 3 features done until June 16,
37 "relocate" (done), "modify ebuild variables" (todo) and "patch
38 ebuilds" (done, but doc todo), so I'd say that I'm on schedule.
41 == Plans for this week ==
42
43 * complete the "additions dir" todos listed above
44 * implement "modify ebuild variables"
47 [0] http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/R_overlay.git;a=summary
50 Regards,
51 André E.