From: "André Erdmann" <dywi@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Cc: Rafael Martins <rafaelmartins@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] kernelconfig - progress report #3
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 19:44:16
1 Hi everyone,
4 == Brief summary of this project ==
5
6 kernelconfig is about generating kernel configuration files,
7 using various sources such as curated defconfigs, detected hardware,
8 installed packages and user input.
9
10 The project's code can be found at [0].
13 == This week's progress ==
14
15 Most of this week's work has been about config resolving.
16 What I eventually came up with is a graph-based approach
17 that determines which additional config options need to be set
18 so that the user-requested options can be applied.
19 In a second pass, an "informed oldconfig" works its way through
20 the configuration, sees which options have become visible due
21 to the changes, and sets them like a "make oldconfig" would,
22 with the difference that it enforces "# <option> is not set"
23 decisions from user input.
24
25 Apart from that, I've started with the configuration mini-language.
26 It is built on Python Lex-Yacc, and features a small interpreter
27 that exposes the Python-Level kernel config interface.
28 Conditional statements and (language-level) error reporting
29 are not complete yet, this will be added during the next week.
32 == Plans for the next week ==
33
34 Complete the mini-language, and document it.
35
36 A "main" script. Currently, there is only a demo script
37 that ties the various code parts loosely together.
40 [0] https://github.com/dywisor/kernelconfig
41
42 Regards,
43 André E.