From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: leio <leio@g.o>, ferringb <ferringb@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Project Grumpy - report #3
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 15:21:05
1 On 16:03 Sun 04 Jul , Priit Laes wrote:
2 > Now, since report two, there has been a big change of focus in the
3 > course of development, which means that we decided to drop our beloved
4 > and also greatly hated NoSQL approach (MongoDB) and instead go forward
5 > using regular RDBMS which in our case is good old PostgreSQL.
6
7 I'm happy to hear that. There is significant value in using common tools
8 so that future contributors don't have an increased barrier to entry.
9
10 Although there may be a tool perfectly suited to every job, if you're
11 using tons of different tools, then nobody else will ever be able to
12 pick them all up to maintain or contribute to the code. Same thing goes
13 for using obscure language features; in my experience, people tend not
14 to consider future maintenance or contributions by people besides
15 themselves.
18 Thanks,
19 Donnie
20