From: "Otávio Pontes" <otaviobp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Fwd: Multiple Repository Support in Portage - Week 1 and 2
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 00:13:54
1 Hi,
2
3 I am writting my progress report for weeks 1 and 2.
4 My version of Portage is already loading repositories from repos.conf
5 and it’s still loading overlays from PORTDIR_OVERLAY. PORTDIR is still
6 the main repository, but it’s not necessary to set it in make.conf.
7 You can set that in repos.conf. I would like to change that, so we
8 will no longer need a main repository, but i think it will be too much
9 work, because PORTDIR variable is used all over portage code. PORTDIR
10 and PORTDIR_OVERLAY variables are updated with information loaded from
11 repos.conf, so it was easy to fix portage and other tools should work
12 without any changes.
13
14 It's possible to set priorities for all repositories, even PORTDIR and
15 overlays, in repos.conf. The _local_repo_config class was replaced by
16 RepoConfigLoader and the code that used it in portdbapi is now using
17 directly this class. Treemap and _repository_map dicts in Portdbapi
18 are also no longer necessary because they are already defined in
19 RepoConfigLoader. So they are no longer created in portdbapi.
20
21 My code is available in
22 git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/portage-multirepo.git or in
23 overlays.gentoo gitweb.
26 Otávio Pontes