From: Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar3098@×××××.com>
To: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Project - Standalone Gentoo Chromebook
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 01:40:12
1 Hi,
2
3 > Why do you need to cross compile a toolchain?
4 CrOS didn't have toolchain packages. SoI built it using crosstool-ng.
5
6 > Can you untar a binary Gentoo package to chromiumOS rootfs?
7 crosstool-ng provides you a output directory of toolchain and I have
8 untared it. (Crosstool-ng Docs
9 <https://crosstool-ng.github.io/docs/toolchain-usage/>)
10