From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Could I have some advice on soc projects?
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:59:38
1 Thanks, that really helps!! [?]
2
3 On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>wrote:
4
5 > On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > One is "improve NetworkManager integration with gentoo". I think it's a
7 > very
8 > > very helpful project and my NetworkManager does not work well in Gentoo.
9 > > I've already have some ideas on how to improve the integration.
10 > > But there are some difficulties. I see that this project needs GObject C
11 > and
12 > > I haven't used it before. I've only used NetworkManager, but I have no
13 > idea
14 > > on how to write a plugin for it right now. Could I learn the needed
15 > > knowledge from now and finish the project? Could anyone give me some
16 > advice?
19 > GObject is just the name given to a set of C utility functions for
20 > strings, arrays, etc, the mainloop, and other things provided by glib,
21 > which is used by all of GNOME. Take a look at the following:
22 >
23 > http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/
24 > http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/
25 >
26 > You should also be able to find tutorials on the web for the same.
27 >
28 > For the plugin, NM already has plugins for redhat and ubuntu which do
29 > similar things, so you can just take a look at those for information.
30 >
31 > --
32 > ~Nirbheek Chauhan
33 >