From: Andrea Arteaga <andyspiros@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Benchmarking suite - Report 5
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:43:23
1 As promised, this is my report regarding the benchmarking suite. My
2 mid-weekly objectives were:
3
4 * Implementing the LAPACK test suite
5 * Clean the source code to improve the mainenability
6
7 For the lapack testing suite I started considering the routines
8 bundled with the sources. Later, I decided to use BTL for lapack too
9 -- I already use it for blas and cblas -- and implement a few more
10 actions in order to test the following:
11 - LU decomposition
12 - General linear system of equation solver -- implicit: by means of LU
13 - Least squares problem solver -- implicit: by means of QR
14 - Cholesky decomposition for SPD matrices
15 - Eigenvalues retrieval for symmetric matrices
16
17 Everything is now working. As the three basic libraries (blas, cblas,
18 lapack) use the same tools for the benchmarking, much was done in
19 order to create a single base python script that, with few parameters,
20 can benchmark many implementations of a library. The weight of the
21 code is now almost the same than some days ago, but the features have
22 considerably increased.
23
24 Now, beacause of personal reasons, I will be away for ~12 days, which
25 was unexpected. I already discussed with my mentor and Donnie. I don't
26 know yet what will happen, but I will anyway continue with my project,
27 within or not the SoC.
28
29 Cheers
30 Andrea Arteaga