From: "Domen Kožar" <domen@×××.si>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSOC weekly report #6: g-pypi
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 01:29:05
1 I posted status update on my blog:
2 http://www.fubar.si/2010/7/7/gpypi2-google-summer-of-code-week-6
3
4 Plaintext version is pasted here for archiving reasons.
7 ************************************************************
8
9 Greetings, following is the weekly update for gpypi2 project. It's main
10 purpose is to generate ebuilds from Python Package Index. Quick links to
11 project info:
12 * Repository, issue tracker
13 * Hudson CI instance
14 * Sphinx documentation generated by hudson on each commit
15 * wiki/user stories for scrum development
16
17 Last two weeks were crazy at university. Now I shall have time to work
18 on gpypi2 full-time until the end of program.
19
20 Install gpypi2
21 $ sudo pip install http://bitbucket.org/iElectric/g-pypi2/get/tip.zip
22
23 or
24
25 $ sudo easy_install http://bitbucket.org/iElectric/g-pypi2/get/tip.zip
26 Create an ebuild
27 $ sudo gpypi2 create flask
28
29 * Generating ebuild: Flask 0.4
30 * Your ebuild is here: /usr/local/portage/dev-python/flask/flask-0.4.ebuild
31 * Dependency needed: Werkzeug
32 * Dependency needed: Jinja2
33 * Generating ebuild: Werkzeug 0.6.2
34 * Your ebuild is here: /usr/local/portage/dev-python/werkzeug/werkzeug-0.6.2.ebuild
35 * Generating ebuild: Jinja2 2.5
36 * Your ebuild is here: /usr/local/portage/dev-python/jinja2/jinja2-2.5.ebuild
37 * Dependency needed: Babel
38 * Generating ebuild: Babel 0.9.5
39 * Your ebuild is here: /usr/local/portage/dev-python/babel/babel-0.9.5.ebuild
40
41 NOTE: ebuilds will probably not function yet, features are yet to be
42 completed/added. Report bugs to issue tracker.
43
44 =====================================================
45 Previous week (21st June - 5th July)
46 =====================================================
47
48 Task: Use SrcUriNamer
49 gpypi2.enamer.SrcUriNamer is awaiting for quite 2 weeks now
50 to be finally used.
51
52 It's basically factory that generates SRC_URI and HOMEPAGE
53 according to mirror provider.
54 A lot of additional refactoring will be needed to Enamer to
55 use this utility instead of current guessing/parsing.
56 Not done. With Jesus we decided to postpone this for one of the last
57 tasks, since it's not that big benefit to gpypi2 and there are more
58 important details to be implemented. It's also a big blocker for good
59 unittest coverage, but that shall be sorted out.
62 Task: Fix bugs reported by users
63 Lot of bugs are going to pop up; fix bugs, write tests and
64 add documentation.
65
66 None reported :(
69 Task: Increase test coverage
70 I'm still not satisfied with test coverage.
71 I'll try to increase it a bit more.
72 It's 10 days week of exams on my university, soon I will be able to put
73 in more effort in implementing features.
74
75 Unittest coverage is about 75%. Won't get further than that until
76 SrcUriNamer is properly implemented and tested. Few additional tests can
77 be made at PortageUtils, but that's a minor issue.
78
79 Here is a rundown of additional changes to code:
80
81 * slight improvements to documentation
82 * option to choose PyPi base URL
83 * changed behaviour to use XML-RPC and SETUPTOOLS/SIMPLEPAGE
84 method for retrieving SRC_URI
85 * updated licences dictionary mapping
86 * fixed echo command to work properly (without cleanup atm)
87
88 =================================================
89 Upcoming week (22nd June - 28th June)
90 =================================================
91
92 Task: Write configuration skeleton
93 Currently, gpypi2 code only takes configuration from command line.
94 I'd like to extend that to config file (.ini), get data directly from setup.py
95 and interactive questionaire. In order for that to function properly,
96 configuration needs to be done in right sequence.
97 Following week I will write down the design and implement initial working prototype.
98
99 Task: sync command - populate overlay with successful ebuilds from pypi
100 When I will get bored or stuck with task #1, I'll start working on command that will
101 generate ebuilds from all packages in pypi to an overlay.
102
103 Cheers, Domen