From: "G. Gaydarov" <gaydarov@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Portagestats/Gentoostats Progress Report #1
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 21:09:11
1 Hi everyone!
2
3 Brief summary
4 =============
5
6 The Portagestats project aims to gather statistics about the installed
7 packages on Gentoo systems in order to provide useful information to
8 both users and developers.
9
10 Status: on schedule.
11
12 Things accomplished this week
13 =============================
14
15 During the last couple of weeks I've been busy with university
16 (coursework and exams). I've still managed to do some work, namely:
17 - patched the client to report which packages are 'selected'
18 (Portage's @selected set and all included user-defined sets)
19 - wrote a basic data model for the (Django) server (here's a picture:
20 http://i.imgur.com/3Tvnk.png )
21 - set up a chroot to test the client with Portage 2.2
22 - familiarized myself fully with last year's Gentoostats project
23 - did further research about the project
24
25 On a side note, although the official name of the project on
26 google-melange.com is "Portagestats", I have decided to reuse last
27 year's project name ("Gentoostats"), mainly to avoid confusing users.
28 Moreover, this project was originally planned to be quite different from
29 the existing Gentoostats project, but in the interest of functionality I
30 have decided to gradually improve the existing client, instead of
31 starting from scratch with a completely different approach. Thus, I will
32 use the name "Gentoostats" from now on.
33
34 You can find the project repositories here:
35 https://github.com/gg7/gentoostats
36 https://github.com/gg7/gentoostats_server
37
38 Plans for next week
40
41 1. Continue working on the server until it is functional.
42 2. Improve the project documentation.
43
44 If you have any questions and/or ideas about the project please don't
45 hesitate to get in touch with me.
46
47 Regards,
48 George