From: darkdefende@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Ebuild Generator week 6 update
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 21:41:10
1 Recap:
2 The goal of this ebuild generator is to be able to generate ebuilds by
3 only scanning the source of the project. By doing this it should be
4 able to generate ebuilds for projects with somewhat sane build/install
5 systems.
6
7 This week I've finished the new revision of the makefile parser. So now
8 it should be able to parse much more advanced makefiles than before.
9 Because of this I was able to generate a simple ebuild for the open
10 source web browser uzbl.
11 However I noticed that I need to work some more on my C/C++ parser as it
12 now pulls in some dependecies that shouldn't be there because of #ifs
13 like:
14 #if GTK_CHECK_VERSION…
15
16 I also noted that uzbl uses a few shell commands in the makefile. So I
17 should perhaps add the packages that the commands belong to that it uses
18 in there (like they have done in the ebuild in portage).
19 Because of possible shell commands in the makefiles I should setup a
20 sandbox or perhaps borrow the "jail" that portage uses so my ebuild
21 generator won't be able to execute malicious shell commands.
22
23 There is still a lot of missing features in the makefile parser. But as
24 most projects today isn't pure makefile projects I will now move on to
25 support autotools projects.
26
27 One of the things that causes most problems with makefile parser was the
28 implicit rules and that "magic" that came with that. So I really hope
29 that there is less of that with autotools as I will be able to implement
30 the parser faster if I only have to handle the stuff that is actually
31 written in the files.