From: "Александр Берсенев" <bay@×××××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Auto dependency builder progress report. Week 4.
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:22:56
1 What has been done this week:
2
3 - added the stage of building in a file access event log record
4 - done smart handling of logs. Delete duplicate records if that records
5 belongs to one stage
6 - implemented a fast <local file>-><name of installed package> mapping
7 - an util for user which show him packages having at least
8 one file accessed has been developed.
9 Example of its report is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7603377/report_cowsay.txt
10 Report of manual launching ./configure for bash:
11 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7603377/report_configure.txt
12 Report of manual launching ./make for bash:
13 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7603377/report_make.txt
14
15 -changed a [C part]<->[python part] protocol. There is a stage in it
16 instead of pid. In past pid was in protocol and I paused the program
17 while python part is analysing pid. Now all pid analyse is in C part;
18 Early all fields in protocol message was escaped like filename\ with\
19 spaces. I profiled the python part. Unescaping was one of bottleneck.
20 Now it is NULL byte between fields and two NULL bytes between records.
21
22 What I plan do do this week:
23 - finish ld_preload approach(apply small changes in protocol)
24 - add simple --block <pkg> key in autodep util. It will block an
25 access to all <pkg> files
26 - make a report more human-readable
27 - make a building stage determining, and a blocking logic for
28 non-child of initial process faster.
29
30 Best,
31