From: "John-Patrik (mindbug)" <themindbug@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] QA-website--Progress_report
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:59:20
1 #### Gentoo x86 QA website - Iteration report #2 ####
2 #### Date: 2010-06-16 ####
3 Name: John-Patrik
4 IRC: <mindbug>
5 email: themindbug@×××××.com
8 #### General information ####
9 All the code and documentation belonging to this project can be found on
10 github:
11
12 github.com/mindbug/gentoo_qa-website
13
14 Effort has been taken to keep the documentation consise and to the point.
15 If you think something is missing please let me know.
18 #### Project progress ####
19 The first part of the project is a sub-project called pkg_digester. It is
20 a Python script/module. The purpose of that script is to iterate through
21 a pickled file containing pkgcore-checks objects, and to stuff that QA
22 data in a database in a reasonable (formatted) manner.
23
24 The script now works for outputting the data in the pkgcore-checks
25 objects to stdout nicely formatted. In essence, the script now iterates
26 through the pickle stream and grabs "relevant" data, formats it to good-
27 looking strings, creates a small dictionary of all the strings for the
28 object, and prints it to stdout.
29
30 By the end of this iteration (week) I expect the script to be able to
31 connect to a database (first develop with SQLite and then plug in MySQL)
32 and to stuff it full of data.
35 With the next iteration I will start working on the Django project, and
36 the first task will be to make Django aware of the existing database, and
37 to make them play nice with eachother.
40 #### Evaluation(self) ####
41 It is my opinion that it has taken too long to complete this script.
42 Solution: code more.
43
44 However, I feel that there is not a lot left to code on the script, which
45 was the thing I was worried most about regarding the whole project.
46
47 The journal-keeping and task-listing has been sub-optimal. Expect
48 improvements.
51 #### Finally ####
52 Please, read the README at the github project page:
53 github.com/mindbug/gentoo_qa-website
54
55 Python is fun.