From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] (draft) final report for OpenRC soc project 2012
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:19:07
1 On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 8/20/12 12:47 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 >> Seems like the best comparisons are between linux-based systems of
5 >> identical configuration. Crossing OS boundaries might also be useful
6 >> but obviously you aren't going to be testing systemd that way.
9 > I do not care about systemd at all. I care about fixing a problem in what
10 > I'm using. If openrc is really slow on reboot and boot I'd like to figure
11 > out why it isn't for me. (compared to the OS touted as the best for user
12 > experience.)
13
14 Well, if you're comparing OSX to Linux+OpenRC there are a LOT of
15 variables - one could be faster for any number of reasons.
16
17 If you compare systemd to OpenRC you can figure out what is possible on Linux.
18
19 Being as good as OSX is a non-starter for me. If I thought Gentoo was
20 as good as OSX I wouldn't be using it...
21
22 Rich