From: Yanbo Wang <wybb86@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Package statistics reporting tool
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:15:24
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I'm a post graduate student from China. I'm interested in the idea about
4 Package statistics reporting tool and I'd like to take part in this year's GSoc
5 as a student.
6
7 I have read the code written by Vikraman and deployed the server on my gentoo.
8 The server gathered a lot of information about environment and
9 packages installed.
10 I could get the statistic through web interface or terminal.That's
11 very great, I really want
12 to contribute to the project.
13
14 Please tell me this year's focus, and I have some ideas to share.
15 1. Upload more information such as developers' email, whether the packages
16 installed is stable or not, the crash info.
17 2. Some statistics like popularity(recently installed packages, least
18 popular packages)
19 or the relationship between packages could be done in a cronjob.
20 3. Integrate with bugzilla. Developers can easily get the bugs of
21 packages through
22 statistic web interface or terminal, like PyBugz [1]. These will help
23 developers find bugs
24 of their packages easier.
25
26 About me:
27 I’ve had 3 years’ experience in java development (Java Web and Swing), 2 years'
28 in python development (Django) and also be fimilar with c/c++. I’ve been using
29 gentoo for over 1 year and I really want to contribute a little to
30 gentoo community.
31
32 [1] http://www.liquidx.net/pybugz/
33 --