From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] identity.g.o OpenID provider -- final report
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 07:57:53
1 Hello, all.
2
3 Short summary: I'm working on creating an OpenID provider service using
4 Gentoo LDAP. It will provide a common login service for Gentoo
5 developers to Gentoo sites and other OpenID-aware sites (e.g. bug
6 trackers, blogs).
7
8 Source code: https://github.com/gentoo/identity.gentoo.org
11 Final report
12 ============
13
14 Status: finished
15
16 Short outline of features on my side:
17
18 - basic OpenID 2.0 w/ authentication, SReg/AX user information exchange,
19
20 - authentication possible via password, SSL certificate or SSH key,
21
22 - two-phase authentication using TOTP tokens (compatible with Google
23 Authenticator),
24
25 - django-ldapdb based ORM to LDAP, with user password authentication.
26
27 The project has resulted in a few patches to other projects as well.
28 They were all merged except for some of the patches for django-ldapdb
29 which are still pending.
32 Plans for the future
33 ====================
34
35 The application needs some more work, tests and audits before it could
36 be deployed. Afterwards, we should be able to deploy it with access
37 limited to Gentoo developers.
38
39 After upgrading our other services to support OpenID login, we can add
40 a custom OpenID extension to pass Gentoo-specific information over
41 OpenID (like whether the person is a developer).
44 Best regards,
45 Michał Górny